Exciting News for East and Central Bournemouth Patients!
We are delighted to advise you that Shelley Manor Medical Centre and Holdenhurst Road Surgery merged from 1st of January 2017 to become…
Shelley Manor and Holdenhurst Medical Centre
What does this mean to you, as our patient?
- You can continue to see your existing GP for continuity of care.
- Better access and more staff available to take your calls.
- Choice of appointments across both sites: Beechwood Avenue and Holdenhurst Road.
- Increased number of male and female GPs to choose from.
- Access to enhanced clinical teams.
- Wider range of specialist clinical skills.
- Availability of additional services.
- Care closer to home.
- Primary care working at scale.
- Early morning appointments.
We very much believe that the time is right to merge as it ensures we are in a strong position to meet the demands of a changing and challenged NHS system, ensuring we have a sustainable service going forward. Across the UK, practices are modifying how Primary Care Services are provided in order to meet rising patient numbers and health complexities. For many years we have had a strong working relationship between both sites; sharing the same ethos towards patients and a strong desire to improve local healthcare services. Working at scale enables us to continually improve services whilst providing a high quality and lifelong service to our patients. We believe this is a real opportunity to work collaboratively and offer excellent NHS care and additional enhanced services to our patients. We believe it ensures we offer better access, wider choice and a skill-mix of clinicians to ensure timely and appropriate care for all. As we continue to strive to deliver a high level of service to you all, we hope to win your support for this exciting project.
The Partners of Shelley Manor and Holdenhurst Medical Centre
Please tell us what you think about this merger by completing our short survey